Sunflower seed is fruit of sunflower it is hulled or pericarp form. However, once, it is de-hulled it comes to be known as heart or kernel. It is mainly used for commercial purposes and is classified according to its husks. According to the color of husk, color of oil varies. Suppose, when it has solid black color, the oil is called as black oil sunflower seeds. On the other hand, the ones, which are striped, are primarily used for food like snack or in confectionary.
It is considered as a snack that not only satisfies your hunger but also promotes your health. Its nutty taste and tender texture comes loaded with nutrition. You can get it from any local market all year round. The ones which are used for oil are pressed through different techniques to extract the oil and leave behind the husk and meal required primarily for cattle feed.
Types Available In Market
Commonly, you will find three types of sunflower kernels from Bulgaria and Ukraine, in the market which are, linoleic, most common one, NuSun and other one is high oleic. Each of these varieties comes with a unique level of nutrition and polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and saturated fats.
Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
- The quality supply of antioxidant like Vitamin E potentially reduces the risk of a variety of heart diseases by improving the chances of inflammation.
- Researchers have also put forward this fact that its consumption can help you save yourself from disorders like diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer.
- It supports the proper functioning of Thyroid system controlling various bodily secretions. Thus, your body temperature, heart rate is regulated with controlled metabolism.
- Due to high amount of trace mineral magnesium, your calcium and potassium are balanced in the body giving you stronger, muscles with fewer cramps, and bones. All in all, it helps in keeping the skeletal structure in place.
- As a rich source of vitamin E, your skin is also benefitted from it retaining its youthful radiance and health.
- It lowers your cholesterol content if suffering from it and at the same time aids any cardiovascular diseases.
- Its detoxifying agent will give you stronger immunity to fight against cancer and other variety of diseases.
Uses of It
It is used in three broad categories of the industry, like food, hulls, and pressed oils. Sunflowers seeds are commonly eaten as snack rather than as a meal. Apart from that, people also use it as part of garnishing and ingredient. In case, it had sprouted, you can use it in salad.
The hulls of seeds not used in its raw form but is slowly decomposed and burned down to biomass fuels. Another important usage of the kernels is where oil is extracted from it and is used while cooking. Oils here can also be processed into polyunsaturated margarine.
Overview of Global Demand
There is nothing inconsistent yet, recorded in the global demand of sunflower oil seeds as there is variety of uses of the same. Demand is mostly seen from India, European countries, and Turkey as export market is expanding in Bulgaria consistently.
Ensuring Quality Products
We at the S.N. Export believes in serving our clients with best products and services, and that is why we serve long list of impressive clientele like Canada, Middle East, and many others.