Milk powder is one of the well-known products that can be found in almost every household. This is also known as powdered milk or dried milk. It is a kind of manufactured dairy product. To get this item, the milk is evaporated to dryness. Since it is manufactured from milk, thus it has all the compositions and nutritional properties of the same. However, sometimes some other properties are also mixed with the milk powder to add flavor, color or test to it. It contains all the 21 standard amino acids along with the building blocks of proteins. Milk powders have a lot of soluble minerals and vitamins.
Different Types of Milk Powders
Powdered milk is considered as a dairy product. There are dry whole milk, dry buttermilk, nonfat or skimmed milk, and dry whey products that can be regarded as a type of powdered milk. These milk powders can be classified into two sections on the basis of the production method. There are commercial milk powders as well as fresh milk powders. The first one has some added elements, but the later one does not have these items as much as the commercial ones.
The Reason of Using Powdered Milk
- One of the big reasons for transferring the liquid milk into the powder is it will become easy to store. Milk powder has a longer shelf life than that of liquid milk. You do not need to keep them in the refrigerator.
- When it comes to transport the milk, then it is always better to deliver milk powder than its liquid counterpart.
- It is a great source of minerals like calcium magnesium, zinc, phosphorous and potassium. Thus, it is considered good even for the infants who cannot eat solid foods.
- The skimmed milk powder has the capability to reduce body weight; thus, people who have the issue of obesity can consume this product.
- It can supply protein, carbohydrate, amino acid and vitamins to a great extent in the human body. It also tastes good.
The Uses of Milk Powder
There are various foods that have milk powder as the ingredient. There are many household where it is a must to have thing when it is tea-time. Apart from that it is the only source of food for the infants who do not eat solid foods. Apart from that, the fat-free milk powder is used in the industry of biotechnology as a saturating agent. Milk powder is widely used to become thin because of its non-fat properties.
The Worldwide Export Market
The European countries are considered have the greatest amount of production of milk powder. Thus, these countries have the biggest export market. Apart from that there are some American countries where the production is also very impressive. The market of India and other Asian countries is the biggest support for the export business of this product.
Significant Role of S. N. Export
We export all kind of agro-foods including some dairy products. As a company based in Sofia-Bulgaria, we can offer our clients the best quality European milk powder from Bulgaria and Ukraine at a competitive price. We use the best packaging materials and techniques to pack those items and deliver them within certain time.